Sunday, August 23, 2009

36 weeks

Sorry, but there is no picture this week.

Just an update: I went to the Dr. on Thursday afternoon, and had a really bad nst test. The baby wouldn't respond. She didn't move a whole lot, and there were no "mountains and valleys" as they like to call them on the heartbeat printout. The nurse gave me juice to see if that would help, and she wouldn't move at all after the juice. I did have a Braxton Hicks contraction which left a big nothing on the monitor until it was over. So, the Dr (who I have to add was not my regular Dr, he was out of town) decided that we needed to do an ultrasound. Well, the ultrasound turned out fine. We saw her breathe and move, and he checked that I had enough amniotic fluid, which I have plenty of. This whole time I'm basically freaking out thinking he's going to send me to labor and delivery and give me a c-section. Yes, I tend to go straight to the worst possible outcome. But all is well. He also checked me, and I am already dilated to a 3 and thinned. He didn't say how thinned, so I don't know exactly where I'm at with that. I asked if I could be at a 3 for a long time and he said it was possible, but that, because I have high blood pressure, my Dr would induce me at least 1 or 2 weeks early. The way his face looked, though, made me wonder if he thought I would go sooner than that.

The baby's head is in the downward position, and I noticed on Friday that she had dropped. I can breathe a little bit better. I've been having a lot of cramping, but nothing painful. The Dr also said that I needed to wait until Monday, and then I could contract as much as I wanted because my regular Dr would be back in town because he prefers to deliver his own patients.

So basically, I'm just waiting to see what is going on. I am trying to work on lesson plans and get my classroom ready for a sub. It's a little stressful to not know what's going on, but hopefully I can get everything done in the next few days and be ready to go at any time. My next appointment is on Thursday, so we'll see what happens!

1 comment:

Brad and Marissa said...

How exciting that you are so close to the end!! You will soon have your precious girl in your arms!