Sunday, February 8, 2009

Oops!



How many tests does it take? Well, for me, technically, 4. After being told for years that I would have a really hard time getting pregnant, if I got pregnant at all, I couldn't believe that a test would come up positive. Especially since we didn't have any help from dr's to become pregnant. I took 3 tests at home and then went into the Dr.'s office to take another one where they confirmed it.

We had a little scare a few days after we found out. I thought I was having a miscarriage so I got into the Dr. and he checked me out and told me it looked ok but they were a little concerned so I should take a couple of days off work. It was hard not to go to work those days, but it was also nice to have a break. I did pretty much nothing! I laid around a lot and slept. We went back to the Dr. and he said everything looks good. We are excited to have this baby! It's a complete surprise but a great blessing, too. Now I just have to change plans of making our extra bedroom into my craft room and now make it into a nursery!

7 comments:

Haven said...

I KNEW it!! Congratulations, sweetie! Kids are definitely a blessing. Good luck! I hope everything goes by the book for you!

Come check out our blog too!

Cameron and Nonie said...

Congratulations beautiful! That is wonderful news. I hope that you make it through the first three months without any more scares. I always breathe easier when I get through those.

Brad and Marissa said...

Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you both!! We hope that your pregnancy goes well and that you aren't too sick. Yea another Calderwood!

Heather said...

WOW!!! We better all stop drinking the water at club! First Morgan now you, I wonder who will be next!!! LOL... Congrats to you and your hubby, I am so excited for you!

Heather C.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! We're really excited for you!!

Karina & John Calderwood said...

We are very excited. Keep the updates coming!

Julie said...

Ohmygoodness! Congrats! I am so excited for you! Yeah! P.S. I finally can have my kids around others now, no more being quarantined! So we should get together!